top of page

How do I claim my unpaid superannuation?

How do I claim my unpaid superannuation?
How do I claim my unpaid superannuation?

If you believe you have unpaid superannuation, you can take the following steps to claim it:

1. Check if you are eligible: You can claim unpaid super if you are an employee and your employer has not paid your super contributions on time.

2. Contact your employer: If you believe you have unpaid super, the first step is to contact your employer and ask them to pay the outstanding amount. You can provide them with evidence of your entitlement to unpaid super, such as payslips or superannuation statements.

3. Lodge a complaint with the ATO: If your employer does not pay the outstanding amount, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). The ATO will investigate your claim and may take legal action against your employer to recover the unpaid super.

4. Apply to the court: If the ATO is unable to recover your unpaid super, you can apply to the court to recover the amount owed to you.

It's important to note that there are time limits for claiming unpaid super, so it's best to act quickly if you believe you are owed unpaid super.

If you need assistance lodging and pursuing a claim for unpaid superannuation and you would like a FREE consultation with our Advocacy team, please complete the Priority Intake Form on our website.

10 views0 comments


bottom of page